The mechanism of Ls1 Twin Turbo can be applied to various filed like marine, industrial, commercial engines, automotive engines, aircrafts, generators and locomotives. A 400 kilo watt turbo charger has the power of 650Nm with the rotational speed of 2000 rpm to 5500 rpm. It is available with CAPA mechanism. This deals with various properties like rapid acceleration, fuel economy, emission filtration, swift technology, torque graph different from single forced induction motor. Ls1 Twin Turbo deals with different tools. The name and their functions are described below,
- Water or oil cooled turbo
- Goat intercooler
- HP gear facilities operated by oil pump
- Anodised fittings
- Pipes of silicon parts with T clamps
- Valve of 50 mm blow
- Water or oil feed lines
- Water or oil returns lines, etc.
Turbo charger is developed to provide various applications with different benefits of rapid acceleration, CAPA secret, fuel stock economy, swift response, control of emission, and unmatched torque cube by Ls1 Twin Turbo. The reasons behind the development of turbocharger for LS1 mechanism are respectively scavenger pump can make damage to the engine, oil drains directly into sump, heat is released by engine bay may create the poisonous effect in foot well, turbocharger can resist the damage of vehicles and so on. Turbo charger is designed to reduce the lag in different way, such as,
- Using the system of anti lag.
- Using two dimensional scrolled turbocharger.
- Changing the ratio of turbine’s aspect.
- Reducing the loss due to friction that can be done by using foil bearing instead of oil bearing.
- Using spool valve in turbocharger which increases the emitted gas rate.
- Changing the turbo charger arrangement by parallel or by sequentially.
- Reducing the volume of upper piping system, etc.