Sunscreen Blinds are blinds which, when covered on the window; provide excellent protection from harmful UV ray of the sun. They are made of a mesh type PVC cloth. They allow us to see clearly through them during daytime and protect us from the heat, glare and UV rays of the sun and keep the rooms cool in summer.
History Of Sunscreen Blinds
The sunscreen blinds date back to the Egyptians. But the known records date back to 1769 when Edward Bevan of England patented the first window blind. Then the blinds were seen in the St. Peters Church of Rome. Then they moved on to Venice from where it became a tradition for the rich and the wealthy to have window blinds.
Today the blinds are no longer a privilege for a few. They come in many forms like combo blinds, roller blinds, vertical blinds, plantation shutters, aluminum blinds, wooden blinds and designer blinds.
Types of Blinds
There are different types of blinds which can be used in a home or a place of work
- Honeycomb shades: These blinds are made of polyester spun and are very flexible. They can be fitted to windows of any shape. They can come in single, double or triple combination. They have a subtle look which blends with the wall color.
- Window shadings: These blinds are a combination of honeycomb and horizontal blinds. They have opaque wooden or plastic linings fitted on a fabric panel. These blinds help to keep glare to a minimum by letting the very little amount of light in. They are used on the windows facing south or east. They can also be layered under curtains. They can be cleaned with a feather duster.
- Horizontal blinds: These blinds have adjustable louvers which help bring great light control. Their vanes come in metal, wood and vinyl and in a variety of colors and designs. The nylon rift cords that are on the edges of the blinds can be covered with decorative tapes to go with the color scheme of the room.
- Roller shades: These blinds are the standard blinds which come with fast window coverings. Their latest versions come with a clutch mechanism and a continuous cord and pulley that helps in the proper positioning of the shade.
- Vertical blinds: These blinds are very useful over sliding glass doors and windows which are of different types like fixed glass windows. Tall casement windows, box windows, arch top windows and angular windows, etc. They have strong lines and they enhance the height of a room. They are a favorite in the west and south facing windows and provide excellent UV protection.
- Shutters: These blinds have a unique appearance and come with stained or painted solid wood versions. They have smooth white louvers which are made of vinyl.
Sunscreen blinds are very useful when it comes to protection from the sun’s harmful UV rays. By protecting us from these harmful rays, they protect us from skin damage and skin cancer. They also cool down the room in the scorching heat. They add beauty to the room in which they are fitted.
Knowing a variety of blinds, if you wish to have any blind, visit the Wynstan. We provide a range of blinds, doors and shutters. Our custom made solutions are so cost-effective, you can transform your entire home. For further information, contact at Wynstan