Every parent knows how important school is for their child’s growth and overall development, during the k-12 years. However it doesn’t just end when the bell rings at 3 PM, After-school programs are a great way to further improve a child’s development. Riverdales After School provides healthy environment for vital interactions in a positive environment for the students o learn skills they’ll need in high school and beyond.
The program offers homework help, enriching academic program, curricular activities to develop skills in Music, Sciences, Sports, Public Speaking, Performing Arts, as well as programs that develop life skills in team work and leadership.
Some of the benefits of Riverdales After School program:
- Increases Academic Effort: engagement in school activities, confidence and camaraderie while decreases school absenteeism, non performance, separation from classmates
- Less Formal Environment: The program offers students and opportunity to learn, inquire and seek homework help in a less formal and structured environment.
- Excited about learning Language Arts and Math: Interest The structure of the program, where it offers academic curriculum relevant to the student’s skill level helps the child learn and get excited about the subjects. The environment helps the child seek help, achieve success, feel confident and grow their skill level while also boosting their confidence.
- Emotional and Behavioral Issues: The credentialed teachers help children deal better with their emotional and behavioral issues. The program offers parents the opportunity to interact with the program staff on an everyday basis, exchange feedback and follow a coordinated approach which helps the child deal better with the issues.
- Social Conduct: The relationships developed and nurtured between staff and students is based on learning good character traits. Students learn lessons like open-mindedness, and to be respectful of others because that’s what is expected of them.
- Meet New People/Make New friends: Students learn that they can meet new people and learn how to interact with them – they may just make a new friend or two. A study in such programs has showed that that teens participating in the programs show decreased shyness and aggression. The student typically finds an adult role model they can trust, who can provide advice or just listen to any issues.
In addition to providing very good homework help, Riverdales School Camp provides extra academics, group tutoring, and classes in public speaking, Chess, Dance, Basketball, Soccer, Piano, Art and Drawing, Math Olympiad, GATE, Computer Programming, 3D Printing, Lego Robotics, and Hands on Science Experiments.
Riverdales is now registering students for next school year. Every year it also offer summer camp.