Nowadays almost every company is hiring SEOs for improving its business. But, are all the companies growing in the same way? Are all of them making a profit? The answer is NO, and the reason for this is the choice of the people or employees that work in an SEO team. If you or your company has selected the right candidates for the team, they are surely making the profit, but the choice of the person is not correct than the company will have to face some difficulties.
So, as we all know the most important person of a team is definitely the team leader, and the correct choice of the TL can do wonders for any company. So, here we are providing you guys with some of the key points that you should search for the candidate to know if he/she is able to manage a successful SEO team or not?
- The TL should be the one who always encourages his teammates to learn. If your team is always up – to – date, knows what the new advancements are taking place, knows the latest technologies and trends, definitely, they are going to perform better for the company. The TL can have meetings on what the new trends are and they can help the company to grow?
- The TL should always let the team know what is taking place in the company. This means, if the company is doing good, or if the senior leaders have shared some concerns with the TL, then always let your team know about all of this. After all, if it’s a win-win situation, then it’s because of the whole team and not only because of the TL. Similarly, if there are some issues or concerns, that need to be solved, then this situation is also because of the team and not only the TL. So TL should always share such things with the team. This also gives the team members the feeling that they are an important part of the team and the company as well.
- The TL should always listen to all. This is actually a very important point, since every team needs ideas to work, and they are always in the search for the best idea. So, the TL should listen to each and every member of the team. It might be possible that the team is thinking something way better than the TL and in cases, if the team or some team member has some idea that has flaws in it, than let them know about that and help them to think better, as being a guide.
- Technology is changing really fast, so the TL should have the knowledge of the latest things going on so that he/she can help the team to match up to that, after all, that only the team can produce the required output.
- Now the most important of all is the time factor. The TL should not be one who wants his team to work long hours to complete the work and is not into giving his own time for the same. The TL should always know, that how many people he has to involve in a work? Does he have that many persons in his team? Do team needs to hire more persons? What should be the charges? How much time your team members are working? Do they have to give extra hours to complete the work? And the TL should also have answers to all the above-mentioned questions.
- The TL should always be honest (actually everyone should). If you are the TL, then this should be your responsibility to talk to your team members and let them know about their positives and negative. If someone is not performing up to the mark, helping them or guiding them should be on your checklist. If someone in the team, who is not so interested in his work, let them know not to waste time here. If someone is doing extremely well, they also don’t forget to appreciate them.
- TL has to promote a candidate if he/she deserves it. If someone is performing well, is active and always interested in his work, completes all the work before the deadline, and really deserves a hike, then TL should promote a team member like this. This promotion will work positively in many ways, for example: Let the TL has promoted A, because he deserves it. Now, firstly, he will not think to switch the job, because he is happy with the company. Secondly, he will continue his hard work because he knows that if he will work in the same manner, he might get another promotion after some time. And lastly, all other team members will also start working in the same manner as the A was working, so that next time might be it’s their chance.
- The TL should also be flexible with the employees performing well. When an employee works really hard, gives his 100%, then he deserves and also expects some incentives, and the TL should give him that.
- TL should always have to make his employees or team members feel important. Whenever some member achieves something, the TL should let the whole organization know about this. Such little gestures make the team members feel important, happy and also make them much more dedicated towards their work.
So, these tips will surely get you the best team SEO in Melbourne.