‘Is moving home in Toowoomba toilsome?’ Almost a majority would readily agree that there isn’t a more strenuous experience as moving home. Be it in your own city or interstate, home moving is an experience that you’ll remember the entire lifetime, for good or bad reasons. Most of the time, people take home moving a stressful procedure unless you have two things –
- some stress-free moving tips
- an expert furniture removalist in Toowoomba
For a task like home moving, what you first need is a good strategy. Unless you conceive a smart plan from beforehand, you may have difficulty in overcoming the challenges. So here we are with a few tips to help you have a happy and stress-free moving experience.
Ready? Let’s go!
Ways to Make Your Move Stress-free and enjoyable
1. Dispose of the unnecessary stuff: Before you even start packing your things, do you need to pack ALL your stuff? Possibly no! If looked carefully, numerous things are staying happily inside your home under the disguise of trash! Give away or sell the items that aren’t required anymore – damaged appliances, empty bottles, broken mirrors, old clothes and so on. This segregation will make your next step, packing, a lot easier. Moreover, it will also answer your question – to pack or not to pack these (unnecessary) items.
2. Begin packing early: It is said that ‘time and tide wait for none’ and in the case of moving your home, there is not an inch difference! The next step that will lead to your final destination peacefully is packing. And the sooner you start packing, the more organized will be your move. You have so many things in your home, now the question is, from where to begin? Start packing your non-essential and storage items. Avoid packing for all the rooms together as it will just raise your bar for confusions! More importantly, start packing at least 2 months ahead of your final move so that you don’t have to be in the dire straits just before your final moving day. Pack the items that you won’t need now or 3 weeks – clothes, utensils, artworks, shoes, books, accessories, etc. After completing the packing of non-essential items, move on to the essential ones. Make sure the more important items are kept in easy to fetch places.
3. Have a list: Make a room-wise list of all the items that you need to pack. This will tackle half the stress even before they arise. The list can be like this:
- Bedroom: the list should have items like clothes, pillows, bed linens, blankets, lamps, remotes, etc.
- Living room: cushions, paintings, sculptures, books, toys and others.
- Kitchen: appliances, dishes, glassware, bowls, glasses, cups and saucers, food items.
4. Label the boxes: Now that you have packed all your items in separate boxes, it is time to label them out. Pick up a permanent marker and label the boxes according to the rooms where they would be placed and fragile/non-fragile items. If you label in this way, it is justified on your end to expect a smooth home moving experience. Yay!
5. Ensure flexibility: Although you may have put your greatest effort in planning and organizing your move, there is no guarantee that things would never go wrong. Unfortunate circumstances may greet you in the most unexpected times and most importantly, you cannot do anything about it. For instance: you or any of your family member falls sick or the weather is bad. For this reason, you must keep your plan as flexible as possible. You can do this by keeping all your essential items at a convenient place so that it is easier for you to reach and use them. Also, choose a removalist who is flexible too; he must be cooperative enough and understand when you tell them about your decision to postpone your move for a day or two as you are unwell.
Final thoughts: Home moving is a difficult task to be done alone. Unless you have the right strategy, planning and a professional furniture removalist in Toowoomba, things may get quite complex and haphazard, providing you with a horrible moving experience. Hence, follow the aforementioned tips to have a good time (and not a bad one) while moving your home.