The first thing that people notice about you is your smile. It is your job to make sure that your smile looks the best and one way to do get that smile is by teeth whitening. This process helps you in removing any debris and stains from your teeth making the shades lighter in colour. A whiter smile will help you come ahead in your career and your relationship goals too. There are different ways of whitening your teeth and everyone has a different preference to select. Research indicates that teeth whitening is effective in more than 78% of the cases since it is now becoming a popular method for whiter teeth. This is not a permanent way of whitening your teeth and works only by removing the organic materials in the enamel by dissolving them with a peroxide derivative. And this process comes into effect only if there is a lot of enamel.
Different Options Available for Teeth Whitening
The term “teeth whitening” refers to a cosmetic dental procedure performed to whiten the teeth. This in fact is the most applied dental procedure since it involves bleaching of teeth in order to remove stains and brighten the teeth too. Whiter teeth can do wonders for your smile and appearance and thus it is considered to be the most popular cosmetic dentistry option. Find out the different options available for whitening in the market.
- Laser Whitening: This method is more expensive than the other types but is also more effective since it lightens up the teeth up to six shades lighter. The entire process involves painting the teeth with a paste like bleach and then emitting it with a laser beam. This beam then helps in enhancing the benefits of paste leaving the teeth in a whiter form. This type of whitening method is a recommended procedure by the oral health professionals since the users have always given a positive feedback. And this process of Teeth Whitening at Brunswick has been a great success.
- Bleach Whitening by professionals: This has always been the most common type of teeth whitening. It is not as powerful as laser whitening but it is still a very effective whitening tool. This entire process takes up to a month to complete so it is not recommended when it has to be done immediately in urgent situations. The teeth are whitened by placing a whitening paste made up of hydrogen or carbamide peroxide on the teeth for up to an hour. Every session in this treatment requires one hour at least. The paste works by allowing oxygen to reach the enamel of the teeth which then lightens the stains.
- Whitening Process at Home: If you are looking for results that can last longer than the best option is to buy a professional take home whitening kit. You can purchase these kits easily from your dentist at effective rates. This process is similar to that of professional bleach whitening. The concentration of the peroxide paste used in this is much less and you can use it safely on your teeth for longer periods of time. Most of the whitening kits come with pastes that have to be kept on your teeth overnight. The results last longer if you follow these steps correctly. You can also use counter products like whitening strips or trays with whitening gel to whiten your teeth comfortably at home. In this way you can whiten your teeth without visiting a dental office and sitting there for hours. The American Dental Association (ADA) has granted its seal to only some of the teeth whitening products, so make sure that you look for the ADA mark of approval if you are going to purchase a whitening kit. It is important that you follow the manufacturer’s directions precisely when you are using a teeth whitening kit at home. Also do not use a whitening kit for more than 14 days without consulting a dental professional.
- Night Guard Bleaching: Bleaching has always been a popular method for whitening since it uses peroxide as a whitener. This system can be done easily at home. A whitening solution called peroxide is placed in a tray that resembles a mouth guard. This tray is fitted in each way to avoid a discomfort when the tray is in use. This custom fitting is usually performed by an oral health professional. Solutions in this process may vary in strength and time depending upon the teeth whitening procedure that you use. This application may take nearly an hour or even overnight sometimes. An oral health care professional will discuss it with you suggesting you with the best procedures depending on the tooth discoloration and personal needs.
- Teeth Whitening Pastes: You will find many tooth whitening pastes available in the market which are better than each other in some way. Whitening tooth pastes are much better than the regular ones for getting cleaner and whiter teeth. Be aware that some whitening toothpastes are harsh and should be avoided. So whenever you choose one, always make it a habit to read the ingredients or speak to an oral health care professional for recommendations on what type of whitening toothpaste would suit you.
Thus, you have now gone through many options that are available for teeth whitening. Some have been better than the others while some are cheaper. So when you choose a teeth whitening product be sure to speak to your oral health care professional to know if there are any risks or benefits. The best type of teeth whitening system depends on your budget as well as the type of teeth you have. Since teeth are very personal and each one of them has their own unique set of teeth, it is hard to recommend the same method for all the people.
Looking for Teeth Whitening at Brunswick, then contact us at BrunswickDentalGroup for more information about teeth whitening and teeth whiteners. We, Brunswick Dental Group, reveal the best teeth whitening products in the market so that you can be informed for the best teeth whitening treatments that works just wonders for your teeth!