Medical cannabis in Sarasota:
Amendment 2 of the medical marijuana legalization initiative was passed in November 2016, which allowed patients suffering from deadly diseases like epilepsy or cancer to use medical marijuana. Medical marijuana card Sarasota is necessary for residents of Sarasota who are considering treating their ailment with medical marijuana. Marijuana is the best drug for many fatal conditions as it has no adverse effects like other pharmaceutical drugs. Sarasota requires any patient to get medical marijuana card before purchasing or using marijuana to ensure the consumers are not involved in any drug trafficking.
If you want to get medical marijuana card Sarasota, then MyfloridaGreen is the best medical service to get you your medical marijuana card Sarasota without any hassle. We have simplified the whole marijuana process in Sarasota below.
Who can apply for medical marijuana Sarasota?
Anyone looking to get medical marijuana card Sarasota should fulfill the following requirements.
Be a permanent resident of Sarasota and have a proof of its residency (state identification card, driving license)
Be at least 18 years old
Have state-approved qualifying conditions
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Crohn’s disease
- Parkinson’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- The medical condition of the same class/kind.
How it helps?
The active chemical in medical marijuana is cannabinoids which are similar to the one our brain makes for the proper functioning of your memory, movement, and appetite. Cannabinoids help to reduce anxiety, inflammation and kill cancer cells. Cannabinoids from marijuana control nausea and vomiting caused by chemotherapy. It helps to stimulate appetite, improve weight gain and relax tight muscles.
How to get medical marijuana card Sarasota?
If you want to get access to medical marijuana card Sarasota then you must follow the below-listed steps.
1. Proper documentation:
In order to get your medical marijuana card Sarasota, you need to collect all your medical records that may be relevant to your deadly ailment. You should also gather all your previous reports from other physicians. Along with your medical records, you will prove your residency by providing your passport, license, etc.
2. Visit marijuana certified physician:
Once you have collected all your required documents you will need to book an appointment with a marijuana certified physician. The doctor will assess your medical condition and will recommend you for medical marijuana card saint Petersburg. Your physician will register you in the Florida Marijuana Use registry by entering your details. After this, either you or your doctor will submit your application. After paying the fees and providing state compassionate care registry with all the required documents you will get your card within a few weeks.
Patients should go through registration in order to officially apply for a card. The state requires the card applicant to be patient of the same prescribing doctor for at least three months.
3.Complete online registration
Once your physician has opened your account in State’s compassionate Care Registry then you will have to complete the state registration process. Once your registration is complete, the fee is paid and paperwork is also received, you will get your card within the next few weeks. Keep everything in order to avoid delaying of your medical marijuana card process.
Rules to legally purchase medical marijuana in Sarasota:
Renew your card yearly and visit the doctor at least once every 30 weeks. You should submit a card renewal application 45 days before the current card expiry date.
- You are not allowed to transport cannabis from one state to another.
- Public cultivation of marijuana is prohibited and anyone growing cannabis will be subject to criminal punishments.
- Patients can only possess up to 70 days’ supply of medical marijuana. Consuming marijuana in public places is not allowed.
- Don’t buy marijuana from street vendors and other unauthorized personnel.
- Cannabis or marijuana can be consumed via sprays, edibles, Vaping, smoking, and pills. Keep in mind that smoking is prohibited indoors.
- Cannabis flowers and seeds must be sealed in tamper-proof containers and should only be used for vaping or smoking.
Penalties for illegal marijuana possession:
The following penalties will be applied to keeping illegal marijuana.
- 20grams of marijuana is considered a misdemeanor offense that is punishable for a maximum of 1 year in prison and $1000fine.
- Possession of cannabis more than 20grams is a felony charge that carries up to 5 years imprisonment and $5000 fine.
If you have any questions feel free to reach out to us at MyfloridaGreen. We will be more than happy to help you.