The essential characteristic of getting glowing, healthy skin is nourishing your skin with nutritious food and inculcating healthy habits in your lifestyle.
Healthy eating is one of the valuable tools that reduce the signs of skin ageing, maintain the youthful glow and prevents the skin from acne and breakouts.
Here are a few things to do to maintain the healthy glow
- Increase consumption of white meat instead of red as it is a healthier option. Red meat triggers acne formation leading to dull and pale skin.
- Consumption of fresh fruits and vegetables is also a great way to get “that” glow on your skin. You must have heard a lot about papaya based skin care products or strawberry scrubs it is because fruits carry those essential nutrients that help to nourish the skin.
- You can carry peanuts, almonds, and walnuts with you to your workplace or anywhere you go. Munch on these nuts instead of those greasy potato chips. Almonds are said to be rich in vitamins that fight against free radicals and walnuts have omega-3 fatty acids that help you to get healthy hair, beautiful skin and strong bones.
- Drink at least eight glasses of water each day. Water flushes toxins out of your body and dehydration in any form can lead to the destruction of collagen fibres. You should not be relying only on skin care products but also try to make your skin clean from the inside.
- Limit the consumption of alcohol, coffee, processed foods, sugary items as they all result in dehydration. Invest in good quality skin care products for your cleansing, toning and moisturizing routine.
- Antioxidants present in foods and skin care products prevent premature ageing. Adding half a glass of blueberries, berries to your diet is a great way of increasing your antioxidant intake.
- Extra stress and insomnia can result in dark circles and make your skin pale and dull. So, sleep well and avoid stress.
- Protein is one of the major components that are important for immunity, bodybuilding, bone repair and that works for the overall well being of the human body.
Lifestyle changes that you can do to improve your skin
1) Skipping meals
Breakfast is one of the essential meals of the day. You should not be avoiding it in any case. You should kickstart your day with a bowl of fresh fruits (try avoiding fruits like oranges and bananas on an empty stomach), dry fruits, cereals and other healthy diet options.
2) Loading caffeine
If you are a coffee lover then it may be sad news for you as too much coffee is not a good friend of your skin.
3) Sleeping with makeup
We know that how much girls love their makeup but if you are someone who is putting on makeup everyday then make it a habit of wiping it off every day before you go to bed. Sleeping with makeup is a strict no-no as those chemicals do more harm than good. You can also use a makeup remover from the huge range of skin care products available in the market.
4) Bad quality skin care products
Do not rely on any skin care product that comes your way. Invest in good quality products that are chemically tested and do not contain parabens.
5) Excessive exfoliation
We all have bought skin care products that are exfoliating agents. But do not overdo this routine as it tends to make your skin dry and dehydrated. You should be exfoliating your skin just once a week.