Dentistry is no longer just related to dental extractions and filling, the industry is now evolving into something bigger than that. Cosmetic dentistry melbourne which is such a popular surgery nowadays is attracting more and more people since everyone wishes for a picture perfect smile. This section of dentistry deals with the appearance of the gums and teeth’s. These surgeries are also known as “aesthetic dentistry” since it helps to enhance the smile of a person. Today people are extremely conscious with their looks and adopt various methods to enhance them. Just like facial surgeries these treatments focus on the mouth and its flaws. These dental treatments can be catered if you need to reshape your teeth’s, repair them, straighten them, or whiten them.
Here are some of the lists of cosmetic treatments, which you may find under cosmetic dentistry:
- Dental Implants – They are usually made of titanium. This kind of implant is used to replace a missing tooth.
- Porcelain Crowns – This kind of treatment is done on heavily damaged teeth’s.
- Teeth Whitening – A relatively common concept to whitening your teeth using proper techniques.
- Tooth Reshaping – this is a surgery which requires the dentists to use a drill or laser to reshape teeth or smoothen the teeth.
- Porcelain & Composite Veneers – Designed to substitute for tooth enamel, veneers are hard, thin shells of tooth-colored material that can mask a variety of dental imperfections.
- Inlays & Onlays – In such treatments, the fillings are fabricated with porcelain to give a natural color of a tooth.
Cosmetic Gum Surgery – This surgery reshapes the gum tissue to level it.
- Clear Orthodontic Aligners – In this procedure clear orthodontic aligners are used instead of metal braces to straighten teeth’s.
Cosmetic Dentistry is performed by a cosmetic dentist who has knowledge regarding the concepts of dental surgeries and treatments to improve smile design. These qualified doctors are also known as a restorative dentist, who are generally affiliated with a reputed organization so that they can do their research and education to increase the levels of achievement in the same field.