Not everything that is healthy tastes nasty. This is a sheer myth which we are going to bust today in this blog. How many times did you ditch your sticking to healthy diet resolution? Well, if you are guilty of sin, then you should stop worrying about it as we at Nakodas Dry Fruit Zone are here to help you get back to it. In this blog, we will discuss the health benefits of fresh figs – one of many healthy fruits, the inclusion of which in your daily diet promises you a sound body and a delightful taste.
Hence, known by the name of Anjeer in Hindi, figs are the fruits of the ficus tree, a member of the mulberry family. Having a distinctive flavor and texture, they taste sweet and are soft and chewy. The figs are strewn with crunchy edible seeds. that is often dried to be preserved as they are delicate and perishable. This way, dried figs can be consumed throughout the year. Because of their natural sweetness, they were used as a sweetener in earlier times.
Nutritional Make-Up of Figs
A powerhouse of essential nutrients, figs are rich in antioxidant vitamins A and K, minerals like Potassium, Calcium, Iron, Copper, Magnesium, natural sugars, and soluble fiber.
In a 100g serving of dried figs,
|209 calories||3.3g protein||1.5g fat||48.6g carbohydrate||9.2g fiber|
Whereas a 100g of fresh figs contain
|43 calories||1.3g protein||0.3g fat||9.5g carbohydrate||2g fiber|
10 Reasons To Always Hunt For Fresh Figs
Other than pleasing your taste buds with their sweetness, there are numerous health benefits of consuming figs, many of which we have enlisted below for you:
- By decreasing the levels of triglyceride, fat particles causing heart diseases, in the blood, figs help in keeping the heart-healthy.
- They also contain phenols, Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids that help decrease the risk of heart diseases.
- They are also helpful in removing free radicals in the body that block coronary arteries.
- The fiber in the figs gets you rid of waste quickly, thereby preventing the risk of colon cancer. In the seeds of the figs are present high levels of mucin that collects wastes and mucus in the colon and ejects them out.
- Figs can help prevent breast cancer as they contain fiber in large quantities. Dried figs contains elements that prevent menopausal breast cancer.
- Sodium, Potassium and Magnesium content in figs improve bone health and thus, enhance bone density which weakens with aging.
- Consuming high-salt diets results in the aggravated urinary calcium loss which is reduced by taking potassium-rich figs. So, figs help to prevent thinning out of bones.
- By relieving constipation, figs enhance digestive health. So, to get rid of constipation, eat 2-3 figs (soaked overnight in water) with honey the next morning.
- Dietary fiber of figs are full of supports healthy bowel movement, adds bulk to the stools furthering their easy passage through the body. Fiber enriched figs heal diarrhea and alleviate digestive health.
- Anemic patients should consume dried figs loaded with iron. Figs help to curb the deficiency of iron, an important element of hemoglobin.
8 Health Benefits Of Figs
- Including figs in diet can be highly beneficial for growing children, teenagers, expecting mothers, and menstruating women. Hence, Post-surgery, to counteract iron deficiency, we can use figs.
- The consumption of fig leaves regulates Blood glucose levels. A study reveals that fig leaves can reduce the high level of blood glucose after meals.
- So, diabetic patients should consume fig leaves in the form of tea. Just boil fig leaves in the filtered water and consume it as tea.
- We often indulge in sodium-rich diets which results in a sodium-potassium imbalance in the body which is one of the major factors contributing to hypertension. Therefore, figs are helpful in restoring balance and can be use to deal with hypertension.
- Consuming a mixture of fenugreek seeds, honey, and fresh fig leaves can be helpful in dealing with bronchial asthma
- As figs by moisturizing mucous membranes and draining the phlegm appease the symptoms of asthma.
- Therefore, Figs can boost sexual stamina.
- Being rich in magnesium, the mineral which produces the sex hormones estrogen and androgen, figs are considered to be an effective sexual supplement.
Summarized above are only a few of the many benefits that come with the consumption of figs. Figs are featured in ancient texts like the Bible and were popular among Greeks that laws were made to prohibit their export. No wonder, figs are magical healers and you must consider including them in your daily diet. Buy figs online from dryfruitzone.com at affordable prices.