What is a Digital Signature Certificate?
Digital Signature Certificates (DSC) are the digital coequal, i.e., the electronic setup of manual or paper certificates. Documents work as evidence of the identity of a person for a specific purpose; for example, a driver’s license specifies somebody who can lawfully drive-in in a particularity. In the same method, a digital certificate can be submitted electronically to verify one’s individuality, to record information or assistance on the Internet or to approve particular papers digitally. The Certifying Authorities are authorized to hand out a Digital Signature Certificate with a validity of one or two years. A digital signature certificate requires to be renewed every one or two years, relying on the Document the customer selects to opt for.
Benefits of a Digital Signature Certificate:
Decreased cost and time: Rather than signing the hard copy documents physically and scanning them to mail them, you can digitally approve the PDF catalogs and deliver them much more rapidly. The Digital Signature certificate proprietor does not have to be physically attending to authorize a business.
The integrity of Data: Documents that are approved digitally cannot be modified or amended after signing, which gives rise to the data safe and secure. The administration agencies often inquire about these receipts to cross-check and ascertain the business agreement.
Document Authenticity: Digitally signed documents give some level of assurance to the receiver to be ensured of the signer’s genuineness. They can take litigation based on such materials without getting anxious about the articles being fabricated.
Who issues the Digital Signature Certificate?
An authorized Certifying Authority (CA) issues the digital signature. Certifying Authority (CA) indicates a person who has been approved of an authorization to issue a digital signature certificate with regards to Section 24 of the Indian IT-Act 2000.
What is the fee for obtaining a Digital Signature Certificate?
The expense of attaining a digital signature certificate may differ as many entities are handing out DSCs, and their fees may vary. Kindly review with the Certifying Authority promptly for charges.
What is the process of obtaining a Digital Signature Certificate?
Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) Applicants can promptly approach Certifying Authorities (CAs) with necessary substantiating documents, and self-attested copies will be adequate in this case. DSCs can also be attained wherever given by CA, using Aadhar eKYC established authentication, and supporting documentation is not mandated in this case. A letter/certificate handed out by a Bank comprising the DSC applicant’s data as retained in the Bank database can be ratified. The Bank Manager should authorize such a letter/certificate.
How to Apply Digital Signature Certificate?
The steps for applying for a Digital Signature Certificate is as follows:
- Log on and assign your category of entity: Log on to the website of a Certifying Authority authorized to issue Digital Certificates in India. You can either assign for an Individual or Organization. A new tab comprising the DSC Registration Form will emerge.
- Fill the necessary details: Fill the details for Class of the DSC, Validity, Type: Only Sign or Sign & Encrypt, Name & Contact Details, Address, GST Number & Identity Details of Proof Documents, Declaration, Document as proof for identity, Document as proof for address, Attestation Officer, Payment Details.
- Proof of identity and address: An attesting officer must attest to the supporting documentation furnished as proof of identity and address. Confirm the sign and seal of the attesting officer is visibly apparent on the verifying proof papers.
- Payment of DSC: A demand draft or cheque has to be attained towards the expense for the request of DSC in the name of the Local Registration Authority, where you are going to provide your application for confirmation. The details can be found of the Local Registration Authority according to your city by searching for a Certifying Authority permitted to grant Digital Certificates online.
- Post the documents required: DSC Registration Form duly finalized and Demand Draft/Cheque for the expense.
On fulfillment of the steps spoken of above by filling in the DSC Form and furnishing essential statements and compensation, you have finished the application procedure for your Digital Signature Certificate. Digital Signature Certificate can be utilized to entry protected zones.