Currently, there are over 190 private schools in Dubai, teaching a wide variety of curricula, and choosing just one for your child can be a challenging task.
Luckily, there are a few qualities that will separate all the best institutions from the poor ones, and you can prepare a checklist of these attributes to take with you every time you visit a school.
Ideally, this checklist will include the following three things:
First impressions about the staff
Like with most things in life, you should always trust your gut feeling when selecting an educational institute for your child.
Ask yourself the following things when visiting one of the famous American schools in Dubai:
- How was I received? Was the principal and administrative staff friendly and organized?
- Who showed me around the school? Was it the teachers or the non-academic staff?
- Did my child or I receive any personal attention?
- What is the general behavior of the staff with students at the school?
With the first impression regarding the staff’s out of the way, it’s time to turn your attention to the school itself.
Every parent wants their child to study in an institution that has all the modern facilities, but you won’t always have the time to take a full tour of the school.
Instead, simply ask the principal about any concerns you may have, including:
- Will the school provide transportation?
- How large is the car parking?
- What kind of security has been provided on-campus?
- Are the medical facilities available?
- Is there a dedicated gym instructor and sports staff?
- How large are the classrooms?
- Are toys and snacks available for kindergartners within the classrooms?
- How many cafeterias are operating, and what kind/quality of food do they serve?
- Does the school have a swimming pool?
As a part of your visit, the top American schools in Dubai will also show you around the classrooms and let you talk to the teaching staff.
This will be an essential part of your visit, and you’ll need to look for several things:
- Do the classrooms have up-to-date technology?
- What is the general demeanor of students? Do they seem to be enjoying their studies?
- Are the classes spacious enough to be comfortable?
- What kind of seating arrangements have been made, and what is the quality of the furniture?
- Is the teacher audible to the backbenchers?
- Are students being engaged and kept busy?
- How qualified are the teachers in their respective fields?
- What is the mix of new and old teachers?
- Does the school conduct regular training sessions for its academic staff?
- Is support available for special children?
- Are the teachers willing to give special attention to students who struggle with spoken English?
- Do students participate in group activities?
Selecting between one of the many American schools can be a difficult task, but it doesn’t need to be an impossible one.
Simply keep our checklist with you wherever you go, and you’ll be guaranteed to find an institution that’s right for you and your child!