Call it a bond clean or end-of-lease clean, chances are that you have to perform one when you move out of a rental property. It’s a legal requirement of your tenancy and this is how you will get your bond amount refunded.
The purpose of Bond cleaning is to restore the property to the original condition before you move out, if the landlord or the agent feels that there is any damage caused to the property or that it still needs cleaning, he might file a claim against your bond.
From steam cleaning carpets to removing stubborn stains, all these tasks can cause quite a hustle when you have to move into a new property. To make sure that you get a full refund and that you save time, it’s important to hire an expert Bond Cleaning Australia. To make sure that you get a 100% refund here a few basic tricks that you will need to follow for the best outcomes.
Start With Creating a Customized Checklist
Make a checklist week before when you are planning to move-out since last moment planning can cause a lot of hustle. You would not like to lose your bond money just because of an untidy property. So, make a list of all the places that you generally miss out on in the day-to-day cleaning process, also make a separate list of places that need deep cleaning, including hidden and congested areas.
Arrange the required cleaning utilities and equipment
- To clean your house without effort it is necessary to keep all the cleaning products and equipment handy. If your tenancy is about to get over make sure to get all the cleaning equipment repaired if you are planning to Do it Yourself. If you don’t have the equipment and want to save time its best to hire professional Bond cleaning in Australia. Here are a few types of equipment and products you need to keep handy if you are planning to do it yourself
- Vacuum cleaners: From house-makers to professionals, everyone uses vacuum cleaners for effective cleaning. Vacuum cleaners come in several varieties to make them versatile, they can be used to clean carpets, curtains, upholstery vents, and windows. A professional bond cleaning in Australia highly recommends the use of vacuum cleaners as they remove dirt and grease off surfaces.
- Micro-fiber cloths: Micro-fibers are a staple for bond cleaning in Australia. They are used for removing dust particles, soaking spills, removing stains, and much more. They are highly absorbent and easy to reuse.
- Steam cleaners: Steam cleaners are very versatile and can be used to remove spills, dirt, deposits, and grime off hard to clean surfaces, these cleaners come with different attachments that making cleaning carpets, curtains, and upholstery that much easier.
- Hydrogen peroxide: It is an exceptionally good alternative for bleach, it can easily remove oil stains, food spillage, coffee stains, and much more. It is highly effective in soaking moisture and odour and disinfecting the areas.
Start with Cleaning Your Walls and Ceilings
Walls and ceilings can be often overlooked while daily cleaning processes, which means that it has a higher accumulation of dirt and debris. However, cleaning them is necessary to keep up your house sanitisation and appeal levels, it is important to clean them at the end of the tenancy period to ensure a full refund of the bond amount.
How you clean it is the main question? Start with shifting items against the walls, and shifting start dusting the ceilings from top to bottom to make sure that you don’t have to post clean the same area. Professional bond cleaning services always advise to spot-lean the surfaces, after spot-cleaning wash the ceilings and walls with a solution of soap and water. finally, wipe the ceilings and walls with a microfiber mop.
Moving out is a big enough hassle without adding carpet cleaning to the list. The best way to clean your carpet when you are doing it yourself is to use vacuum cleaners, but carpets can be stubborn with stains and odours in such cases it is best to hire a professional bond cleaning expert. They use a warm water extraction process to give your carpets a deep clean without leaving any residues. This ensures an efficient cleaning process without wasting your precious time and energy.
Dust Your Doors and Windows
The landlord would except a spic and span house. If it lacks in any aspect, he might be unwilling to give the entire amount of deposit. Make sure to clean all your windows and doors properly from inside out. Scrub the doorknobs, window panes, and ceilings to remove all dirt particles. Pick the right cleaners to remove all smudges and stains from the window glasses.
Don’t Be Scared To Clean And Disinfect Your Washrooms
Considering what you put in your bathrooms through each day, it’s a part of the house that gets filthy frequently, and your estate agents specifically check the bathrooms and charge extra money if they find any flaws, so make sure to sort your clothes and clean your toilet walls and floors spotlessly, also don’t forget to sanitise toilet seats and clean showerheads.
Sanitise Your Kitchen
Thorough cleaning of the kitchen is one of the imperative tasks for bond cleaning. It is easy for landlords to hold back their money if you fail to deep clean your kitchen. Clean the stovetop: Remove food residues and stains and don’t forget to scrub the affected area till the stains persist. Keep the sinks clean: If you are preparing your kitchen for final property inspection, then sanitising your sink is essential. Finally, don’t forget to deep clean your cupboards and cabinets.
Hire bond cleaning in Australia
Looking at all the tasks that are lined up, the best option is to call upon a professional service of bond cleaning in Australia expert to clean your property, rather than doing it yourself. Not only will it be more efficient but it will also save a lot of time and energy. Let the experts do their work, while you sit and wait for a 100%c return of your bond.