The word “hydraulic” recognizes the power of water as a dynamic force. The pressure generated in this case is defined as the force acting on a liquid per given area as to stop it from expanding. Hydraulic pressure transducer works as a subset of the pressure sensor, which collects the sample and records the readings of the pressure within a system and it can be taken from any number of devices.
How Does A Hydraulic Pressure Transducer Work?
A pressure transducer is basically a device that converts one type of physical quantity into another; it converts a pressure measurement into an analog electrical output signal, which is used by sensing instruments such as computers and microprocessors. These measurements are easy and can be achieved normally via physical or mechanical deformation.
How to Select A Hydraulic Pressure Transducer?
The selection criteria are generally considering the basic and important factors including general mechanism type, input and output, and other specific performance issues.
Some other factors which are also important in choosing the right transducer are,
- Media: The media must be specific to the conditions of the hydraulic pressure transducer.
- Temperature: The consideration of temperature must be within the pivot point of both media and the environment.
- Environment: The environment dealing with the hydraulic transducer needs many important factors like temperature and humidity.
- Accuracy: This factor totally involves the perfect graph regarding the measurements and that will only in case of correct measurements will a proper graph be produced. A good hydraulic transducer must have proper measurements in proper graph intervals. The default operating values of accuracy define the ideal system; in any case, if it didn’t fall in that domain it will affect the pressure readings.
- Operating Pressure Range: It demarcates the intended pressure bounds which are usually designed to work in the most optimum environment.
- Max Rated Pressure: The max rated pressure is the value of the highest allowable pressure which is rated on the pressure transducer and is properly able to withstand all the correct values.
- Operating Temperature Range: However, a good kind of transducer doesn’t really require the presence of any sort of temperature values and can operate independently. In case the operating temperature is present and doesn’t lie within the values of the safe zone domain, then that can affect the accuracy of pressure sensing of the device.
Types of Hydraulic Pressure Transducer-
The most common types of pressure transducer are –
- Strain Gauge– They can be integrated into measurement circuits like a Wheatstone bridge.
- Stain Gauge– They basically use the mechanical deformation under pressure of strain-sensitive variable resistors.
- Thick/Thin Film– In this type of transducer, a titanium nitride film or a polysilicon film can be applied to sensing equipment. It enables to impart the circuit with piezoelectric sensitivity to the inducing pressure.
General Requirements of a Hydraulic Pressure Transducer,
The hydraulic pressure transducer does need a lot of important and ideal condition to work involving the environmental factors. But, more importantly, there is a need to understand the know-how of their input requirement. An ideal hydraulic transducer needs a source of energy for its operation in the first place. The required input value can vary but it mostly falls in the optimum 10V range, whereas it provides thousand times output than that.
A lot of loading and other energy-related work is done using this concept. The pressure is the key factor in many fluid circuits; in the case of hydraulic pressure transducer they play a very important role. The laws of conservation of energy do fit here properly and help in connecting the energy-related issues via general fluid mechanics.